Home Support Association Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which it collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identified a person.
Home Support Association Inc. collects and administers a range of personal information for its members, volunteers, employees, service users, donors, business partners and online users.
Home Support Association Inc. recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
Home Support Association Inc. is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information and has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
Home Support Association Inc. will:
- Collect only information which is required for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.